What is MTP, and why is it a good idea?
Through MTP preschool children develop a solid foundation in early literacy, oral language, self regulation, and social relationships so that they are ?ready to learn? when they enter kindergarten. MTP:
- Offers evidence-based practices that can be readily integrated into any curriculum
- Is endorsed by the Virginia State Department of Education
- Is supported by a grant to the University of Virginia?s Curry School of Education from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development at the National Institutes of Health
What do MTP teachers get?
Participation is free-of-charge, and includes two years of support, including:
- Apple iBook laptop computer
- Access to MyTeachingPartner collection of teaching activities
- Workshop on effective use of MyTeachingPartner activities, and
- Newsletter with teaching tips and updates to materials
What do MTP teachers have to do?
Teachers who participate agree to:
- Use the activities for approximately 30 minutes a day
- Occasionally be observed while using these activities
- Provide feedback on student outcomes for the purposes of testing